Workshops in Motion
I designed Workshops in Motion to offer women an accessible route into videography that allows their creativity to flourish. The workshops are designed for women new to videography, and also for those who have businesses and brands and understand that quality video content is one of the most efficient ways of reaching potential customers.
As an experienced videographer, I know that the endless tutorials out there can seem daunting and full of pretentious jargon but with me you will learn more about your camera and explore your creativity in a nonjudgmental and supportive environment. My aim is to get more women into videography and behind the camera!
The workshop groups will be very small, meaning everyone will be able to have their voices heard and questions answered. Join me on one of my workshops for a cosy and creative chance to explore your camera with a Yorkshire brew nearby.
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to work with natural and artificial light to create different moods and atmospheres in your videos.
- Explore various ways of crafting a story and capturing your audience.
- Create blurred backgrounds in your videos and understand how to make your camera work for you by understanding the difference between shutter speed, ISO and aperture.
- Learn about composition and how to shoot whilst thinking about the final edit and the overall story.
- How to use microphones.
- Learn the correct practices for backing up your footage and how to ensure you get the best out of your videos.
- Grasp the basics of different editing techniques and software available for the most efficient way to edit your footage.
- Understand the difference between colour grading and colour correcting and how to create cinematic and captivating videos.
Don't own a camera yet? Not to worry, I will have equipment, including cameras available at all my workshops.
Where are the Workshops?
I offer set workshops in Sheffield and Leeds City Centre throughout the year. Workshops can also be arranged at other locations (subject to availability). Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
I am a film maker from Sheffield and studied Television Production at the University of Westminster before going on to work for production companies such as as the BBC and ITV. I launched my own videography business to enable under represented groups the ability to share their stories.
Trailer of my Recent Work
Get in Touch
Tel: 07849 988912